August 3–August 11, 2018
3 Riverwood Close SE
Most recent festival
28 participating companies
$83,000 returned to artists
Application and selection
$700 for regular indoor theatre
$500 for site specific venues
Lottery, First-come, First-served
50 to 220
Number of performances per show: 6 guaranteed performance time slots
Maximum ticket price: 15.00
Maximum show length: 90
The Calgary Fringe strives to offer Calgarians an opportunity to build community through the theatrical arts by offering inclusive and accessible arts programming that stress a broad-based, interdisciplinary approach to the arts, by fostering an environment of artistic freedom and expression. 100% unbiased. 100% unjured. 100% of all ticket revenue (excluding GST and ticketing surcharges) goes back to the artist.
Some additional facts about the Calgary Fringe:
- For the regular lottery draw, there are currently 23 theatre artist spots available. Our selection criteria is: 9 Southern Alberta (from Red Deer down), 7 National and 7 International.
- Most of our Fringe venues are located in one neighbourhood, and is within easy walking distance between each other and our main box office tent.
- Each Fringe artist receives 6 guaranteed performances during the 9 day Festival.
- There will be an opportunity for an additional bonus show added on the final Saturday if your show is selected as a Best of Venue winner of the Calgary Fringe.
- Concentration on more evening time slots during the week days, to maximize prime time slot availability for artists.
- Billeting services are provided at no extra cost to all traveling Fringe artists/companies (subject to available accommodations).
- Performers have an opportunity to see each others’ shows and, with peer support, can tighten their shows up before the Edmonton Fringe or other Fringe destinations on tour.