Chicago Fringe Festival

Chicago, Illinois, USA
August 30–September 3, 2018

http://chicagofringe.org/

Most recent festival

50 participating companies

$100% returned to artists

Application and selection

Application fee(s)

$25

Selection process

FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED–
The Chicago Fringe Festival reserves 25% (13 shows) of its available slots for First Come, First Serve participants. Participation Fees are due up front to reserve a First Come, First Serve slot. 2017 fees are listed below under Venue Selection. How does it actually work? At 10am the application link will go live on our homepage. After paying the application fee, you will be directed to the application which can be filled out in a slightly more leisurely manner. The first 13 groups to pay the application fee will be contacted of their FCFS Status. They will then have 24 hours in which to pay their full participation fee (minus the $25 application fee) in order to secure their spot. If they fail to make the payment, they will forfeit their FCFS spot and be entered into the general lottery. We will then contact the next group who applied.

LOTTERY–
After the first 25% of performance have been filled by First-Come, First-Serve, the remaining 75% of our participants will be selected by lottery at a public event in March. There will be sub-lotteries to account for geographical and diversity concerns, as well as the KIDS FRINGE. Any artists not selected through the lottery will then go on a waiting list. Many, many artists come off of the waiting list. May the odds be ever in your favor!

The Lottery Fee is $25.

Production information

Venue sizes:

Artists can select three or four performances. In 2018 our participant fee rates will be:
3-Show $250/$350 (small venue/larger venue)
4-Show $350/$450 (small venue/larger venue)

7 performances large venue ($650)*
*must be available both weekends

Number of performances per show: 3, 5, or 7

Maximum ticket price: 10

Maximum show length: 60