WHAT IS THE CAFF TOURING LOTTERY?
While there is tremendous satisfaction in spending time performing on the North American Fringe Festival circuit – doing the work you want to do, seeing and being seen by other artists from all over the world, experiencing the Fringe environment from coast to coast – we also recognize that doing the circuit is difficult and getting into all of your preferred festivals is very challenging.
In order to make it just a little easier for companies interested in touring to at least five Fringes every year, in 2003 the members of CAFF got together and created a unique one-stop touring application process. Over the years the popularity of the CAFF touring circuit has grown immensely with 29 applications the first and 197 applications last year. Companies that are lucky enough to be selected are guaranteed a spot in all of the festivals they wish to perform in and will have even more time to put together their touring plans.
Every CAFF member festival is unique and has its own policies and procedures when it comes to a maximum ticket price, number of performances, scheduling, venue sizes etc. It is the responsibility of the applicant to fully research and understand all of the policies for each festival they plan on applying to.
The list of participating CAFF member festivals and the basic information for each can be found below or you can visit the Member Festivals directory
Touring Application Policies
- Applicants (company or primary contact) must have previously participated in a CAFF-member Fringe Festival to be eligible.
- Applicants must select a minimum of FIVE CAFF member festivals to be eligible.
- Only one application per individual/company will be accepted.
- Applicants must submit a $25.00 (CAD) non-refundable application processing fee to be eligible.
2018 CAFF Touring Lottery is now closed. The results will be posted soon.
2017 CAFF TOURING LOTTERY WINNERS
Cat Kidd – Montréal, QC
Ingrid Hansen – Toronto, ON
Prairie Fire – Regina, SK
Pretentious Productions – Edmonton, AB
Strikes Twice Productions – Saskatoon, SK
The Grand Salto Theatre – Toronto, ON
Two Dollar Shoes – Vancouver, BC
Wes Borg – Victoria, BC
Angela Neff – Los Angeles, CA
Bad, Bad Bunny – San Francisco, CA
DK Reinemer – Los Angeles, CA
Lana Schwarcz – Yarraville, Australia
Mark Toland – Chicago, IL
Tim X Lee – Long Beach, CA
Windwhistle Theatre – Nevada City, CA
This page is intended to assist artists who are preparing to perform at a Fringe Festival. Information found here is especially helpful for artists who will be participating in a Fringe Festival for the first time and for those participating in the CAFF Touring Lottery.
- CAFF Ombudsprocess: The CAFF Ombudsprocess provides assistance in addressing certain complaints arising between performing artists or companies and individual CAFF member festivals.
- Canadian artist traveling to the U.S.? Basic information on P-2 Visa options.
- Looking for funding? Check out some grant opportunities available to artists.
- Useful links: World Festival Network and United States Association of Fringe Festivals